Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Friday, July 31, 2009

Concrete 2 Green: Bringing Futsal to Charlotte’s Inner City



This week I spent a few days in Charlotte. I drove around and looked for any signs of a soccer pick-up scene. Much to my disappointment, I found a few parks without goals and some parks with goals and no people. Imagine my frustration.

However, I was not down for long because I had an appointment to visit Concrete2 Green. Concrete2Green is a socially conscious company that uses innovative and eco friendly strategies to grow the sport of soccer in US inner cities and urban communities. Earlier this year, C2G transformed the old ice skating rink in Eastland Mall into a vibrant futsal center.

My time at C2G was filled with lots of pick-up games and kickups. Moreover, I had the opportunity to see some of Charlotte’s up-and-coming soccer players show off their best tricks.

The C2G Futsal Center provides an opportunity for soccer players (of all ages) to develop their technical ability and freestyle flair in a safe environment. If you come to or live in the Queens City and need a great place to play, feel free to swing by for a few pick-up games or join in on league play. I can guarantee you that when I am in town—it will be the one place that you can catch me at!

No comments: