Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pop Quiz from the Professor: The Michael Eric Dyson Show


Although I don't think that I will be ever to fully calculate the value of my Face-of-Opportunity Contest win with British Airways, I can say that it has been a calling card form promoting my mission of making soccer more commonplace in the United States.

At the top of the year, I notified the executive producer of The Michael Eric Dyson Show about my national award win. This email set into motion a whirlwind of events that landed me in the Georgia Public Broadcasting studio on the Friday of that week speaking with none other than Dr. Michael Eric Dyson.

In case you don't know Dr. Dyson's background. Let me give you a brief synopsis courtesy of Wikipedia. Dr. Michael Eric Dyson is an American academic, author, radio host and ordained baptist minister. Currently, he is a professor of sociology at Georgetown University. His previous academic posts include DePaul University, Chicago Theological Seminary, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Columbia University, Brown University, and the University of Pennsylvania. You can commonly catch him as a commentator on National Public Radio, CNN, and Real Time with Bill Maher. Most importantly, he is considered one of the great thinkers of our current time.

It was an understatement to say that I was beyond excited to serve as a guest on his show. It's moments like that I have to say make all the hard work worth it. When I think about all of the research, writing and press release promotion, the time I spent, to get those 10 precious minutes to talk with a man who I consider a mentor, makes it all worth it! Here is the link to the January 18th show. My segment is around the 30 minute mark. Enjoy!


http://dysonshow.org/?p=3824

No comments: