Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Beating the Snow Via Amtrak: ATL to NYC


There is nothing that happens by chance in our universe. Everything unfolds according to higher laws - everything is regulated by divine order..

For the record, I do actually believe the above statements. Do I live every moment adhering to that belief? Of course not, it’s so simple that it gives me quite a challenge.

My journey to Europe began on January 31st, and it was by no means the day that I had planned to leave Atlanta.

According to “my” schedule, I was going to breeze into the Big Apple’s JFK airport on February 1st. However, a never-ending wave of ice, sleet and whatever else caused air travel to go into a tailspin. So…I took train. It was 17hrs of Sprint MIFI mixed with the occasional nap and working to-do list.

By the time my train pulled into Penn Station, I had to move on to my next task, getting a heavy, large luggage bag through the icy, bustling streets. However, I didn’t foresee that my exercise protocol was just beginning as I had to carry this bag up and down flights of stairs at two subway stations.

Looking a little war torn, I happily resurfaced on Madison Avenue in Gramercy Park/Flatiron, only to realize that I was sweating in 32 degree weather.

Did I mention that I didn’t have any snow delays or trip cancellations? All the travel hoops aside, the mysterious, divine hand got me in town to actually enjoy a Twix in a very comfortable bed at The Mave Hotel..

Can't wait to show the video…

No comments: