Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dreams Happen From the Neck Up









































































A week or two ago, I had the opportunity to speak to a classroom of 5th graders at Pine Ridge Elementary School in Stone Mountain, Georgia.

I will be the first to admit that I am a “by the script” type of girl. I like to have everything that I plan to say written out, and time enough to go over it 1000 times.
When I brought in 2010, I guess I decided to make a change. I have been jotting down main points, and just talking. This makes me so uncomfortable, but I figure if I just keep to this new routine of conversing (charismatically) on key ideas then I will eventually become an entertaining orator…

With that being said, I had a lot of fun talking to the students about how education laid the foundation for me to go on my magic carpet ride of playing soccer, writing and talking on the radio.

My conversation, which focused the topic “Dreams Happen from the Neck Up,” had three points. Two of which I have listed below. You will have to stay tuned to my next post for the 3rd point…

1. You must always use your imagination. If you don’t use it, it becomes really rusty!
2. You need to prepare your mind with a good education so you can build the confidence to chase your dreams.

We finished out the talk with all the students showcasing their best neck stalls using soccer and tennis balls. Even the teacher got in on the fun!

No comments: