Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Early Bird Is At the Head of the Line

I have to be frank. I really want to sleep in today. It is MLK Day and I have to brave the cold to get my tickets to the swearing-in ceremony. My original plan was to be posted out front of the Cannon Building by 8 a.m. Unfortunately, it just isn't really possible.

My last entry was written in the midst of a dense haze of utter sleepiness so I had to get in a few extra minutes. Afer securing my tickets, I want to eat breakfast, do a Service Day project, get a nap, eat again and then begin preparing for the Illinois Society Gala tonight...

What time did Porter and I get to the Capitol? At 9:30! Crowds of people were everywhere. Porter saw that one door was admitting people much quicker so we took our place in front of two gentlemen from Florida. Although we were not at the head of the line, we were way ahead of the other 235,000 people!

To pass the time, Porter and I began snapping pictures and making jokes. Why not? How often do you get to pick-up swearing-in tickets. One thing is for sure we are going to revise our arrival plans for the Inauguration Ceremony. It was apparent in people's faces that they were surprised that the lines were so long before the 10:00 a.m. designated pick-up time.

Lines and cold weather are going to be our BFFs this weekend so I might as well make peace with it and enjoy the adventure!

(Image on the way)

No comments: