Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Only 4 Obama-Look Out Below! (Part 1)

I am going to write a short entry series dedicated to the 44th President of the United States, Mr. Barack Obama. All of these entries are the experiences that I willingly subjected myself to in the name of the Ever-So-Poplar & Historic Inauguration. The situations brought out a range of emotions. Sometimes I cried. Other times I was shaken up. Overall, I had to laugh (to keep from crying)...Nevertheless, I wouldn't trade my time in DC for nothing. Hopefully, you too can get a bit of a laugh at my expense.

On Inauguration Day, it was cold. I was prepared but standing in one location for hours and hours eventually cooled my toe warmers. As a result, my lower legs were pretty much frozen solid by the time Mr. Obama took the oath of office. The crowds on this day were absolutely astounding. I had to get a picture, and some kind gentlemen offered to help me and my friend get up on a large cement partition to capture the spectacle. Let's just say that it was a challenge to maintain a steady foundation when one cannot feel their feet.

Once my friend hopped up on the partition to join me, she inadvertantly sent me back into the crowd! Fortunately, the men below were on alert. I know it had to look like a serious mess cause I couldn't do much to brace my fall. Not to be deterred from the ultimate goal, my male supporters coaxed me back to returning to the partition to get some images of a lifetime. It was worth it fall and all--Only 4 Obama! (image coming soon)

No comments: