Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

13 Degrees & 8 Takes: Red Bull on Ice

My Monday got off to a whirlwind start. It was 5 days before the US Final for Red Bull's Street Style, and I was coordinating some serious reporting for the event. I placed on my agenda the following: land an interview with one of the finalists in time for the Thursday broadcast, shoot a quick promo clip beforehand to let my listeners know about the event and my surprise guest, find a recording studio convenient to everyone involved--including my camera guy, record the broadcast--and let all these things be completed ASAP. Was it a tall order? Yes! However, there were some adjustments here and there that had to be made. For instance, the promo clip shooting location was changed from the marquee in front of the building to the roof of a parking deck overlooking the city. It looked nice, right--and if you missed it here's the link to the extended clip Eat Soccer/Red Bull Promo. Unfortunately, we shot 8 takes of this clip in what felt like 13 degree weather at 7:45 a.m. It was not fun out there, and my hands were burning by the time that we finished.. But what's a Red Bull/Eat Soccer promo clip without an extreme condition? I wouldn't trade the experience for anything!

No comments: