Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bird's Eye View of Rio 2008 Carnaval



I woke up this morning thinking about the laundry list of things that I must accomplish before Monday. but then I logged on to the Internet and received an unexpected surprise. It was a slideshow of the Carnaval celebrations from around the world. I could not stop staring at the picture from Rio. To think that I may have the opportunity to see the elaborate costumes, floats and celebrations in person just makes me speechless.

I bet I may be the only person from Seneca, South Carolina to witness Fat Tuesday 2008. Wow!! I had the spur-of-the-moment opportunity to attend Junkanoo in Nassau during New Year's 2007 and it was an awesome experience (minus the policemen with those machine guns..). So I cannot fathom what it would be like to stand on the streets of Ipanema to watch the samba performances...

No comments: