Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Thursday, January 31, 2008

XCLUSIVE: EARTHWIND, THE AAFL'S VISIBLE DB


In the last few weeks of the playoffs, I found myself to be a little annoyed by the quickly approaching end of the NFL football season. I had a good routine in place. Sundays, after a good workout, some good spiritual word and some good food, I looked forward to screaming at my TV for the duration of 3 football games. It was absolutely fabulous!

Now don’t get me wrong, I do like other sports. However, I was just not ready to let football go this season. Much to my surprise, I received news that there was a new league on the horizon for the spring.

Could the AAFL, otherwise known as the All American Football League, resurrect my hopes for a good football game in the NFL off season for those of us who want to cling to gridiron entertainment? The jury is still out, but I did want to get some questions answered. Fortunately, I had the opportunity to put my investigative reporting skills to work to get us the XCLUSIVE.

With an inside track to Earthwind Moreland, a “protected player” from Team Alabama, I have the details on the “league with degrees” and get you answers and advice from a guy who wishes he could be invisible.

As a player who has participated in several post-collegiate football leagues, what is the difference between the newly developed AAFL and leagues like the CFL, NFL Europe and Arena Football?

E: The first thing that stands out is the fact that in order to play in this league you have to have a degree, which in those other leagues you really didn’t have to have a degree. This is the main thing that they are trying to promote.

Is the caliber of the player the same or a little less? What is going on with that?

E: Well, I think that there is a high talent pool, but you still have some of those guys who you normally would play with in the NFL and those other leagues that didn’t graduate so the pool is not as large, but the talent is still there.

Explain the term “protected player” and the perks, if any, that go along with it?

E: The different teams, so they can have evenly matched teams, were awarded a [certain state(s)] to protect players from. So [the league] was trying to balance out the draft so that you won’t have a lot of teams trying to protect players from pretty much anywhere and you having a dominate team [where] the talent level and competition is unequal. I don’t know if [being a “protected player”] is a perk, but maybe you just don’t have to worry about who’s gonna draft you. You already know what team you are going to be trying to compete and be on. One of the things about being a protected player is that you can’t be traded to another team.

Why can’t people find pictures of you on the Internet?

E: Well, you can find pictures of me.

I can’t find any.

E: Well, you haven’t gone to the right site. If I can recall, there’s a site called…

What is the name of this site?

E: I was just looking at it the other day on the Internet.

You like looking at pictures of yourself on the Internet?

E: I really do. It makes me think that somebody’s out there watching me.

Earthwind sounds like it could be the name of a superhero. Do you have any supernatural powers? If not and you could have a supernatural ability, what would it be and why?

E: I don’t have any supernatural powers. I am human, but if I could have a supernatural power, I think I would want to be able to be invisible. You know how you see people as you walking and they are looking. You know that they are saying something but you just don’t know what it is so you can just make yourself invisible and go ahead and hear what is being said.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how many sessions with John (Energy Fitness Guru) would you say that you had a workout that would be rated a 10?

E: If I had 20 workouts, I would say 15 to 17 are number 10.

So about 86 to 90% of your workouts should be rated number 10 on a scale of 1 to 10?

E: Yes.

According to John, he is the only person that ever achieved a 10. With that being said, what is the best rating you think you’ve received at Energy Fitness?

E: Well, I am gonna give myself a 10 as well because I know there were times where I was right there with him. Sometimes [John] comes up with things that you just don’t expect that he would come up with.

Which client or trainer from Energy Fitness could you beat in the following activities?

Table Tennis?

E: I think I can beat them all. Whoever steps up. I am very competitive so I think my game in table tennis is pretty good.

Pie Eating Contest?

E: I am not a pie eater so I think I would lose that.

Who do you think would beat you?

E: KB

Dance-athon?

E: I think I got some moves. The only person, because that is his background, would be Devyne and John maybe a close second at beating me. I don’t really thing John could really beat me cause I got some moves.

Tic-Tac-Toe?

E: I don’t think anyone can beat me at that.

Horseshoes?

E: Maybe somebody like KB or John. They look like they probably would be good at something like that, but I don’t think I could lose on that either.

What has been the best piece of advice that a coach or trainer has given you in regards to being an athlete?

E: Just do your job. (Coach Belichick) I think that at times, in everything that we do, we tend to worry about the other person instead of worrying about ourselves. If we just do what we have to do, then [we] can let that take its course.

P.S. The first person who can find and email an image of Earthwind to this blog (for all to see) will get a free pint of Blue Bell Banana Pudding Ice Cream!

1 comment:

AAFLfan said...

You can see the AAFL for yourself at: league: http://event.playonsports.tv/aafl/?eventId=3673