Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Who Is Gonna Make the Travel Team?


I am about 8 days away from the start of my journey to Rio. My schedule has been hectic; and as a result, I am under the gun regarding my packing. This is not your typical overnighter. I want to make sure I pack as lightly and efficiently as possible. First of all, there is a bag and weight requirement for the flight. Secondly, I am not sure how I will be transitioning to my place of residence so I have to be prepared to haul these bags on public transportation, etc. You just never know.

Well, most travel experts will say that traveling light entails bringing items that can serve many purposes. I have incorporated this approach in several of my trips. It makes sense because many times I still end up overpacking. However, I know that many people have experienced that gut wrenching feeling when they undershot the warddrobe on a trip...It is not fun because all you are thinking about is "if I was at my house, I could do...0r if I had this item here, I could..."

So now I am confronted with a situation. I have six pair of killa sneakers. However, everyone doesn't get to make the travel squad. Who is gonna make the cut? Which pair or pairs get to have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take it to the streets of Rio?

For the lucky selectee(s), it is a fabulous way to bring their wardrobe career (with me) to a close. In case you don't know, every pair of kicks that I own, whether acquired from Laced Up or some other fabulous shoe boutique, is donated to charity. It is one of the ways that I like to contribute to the low-budget, fashionista cause. I do not think it is my place to hoard all of the hot sneakers. By doing this, I free up room in my closet to bring another pair into the fold..

1 comment:

eddymon said...

take no prisoners
dont forget to bring social
clothes you are going to need them
tchau Baby!!!