Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Friday, January 25, 2008

Voting: 2008 Primary Hits Close to Home


Don't fret. I have all toes in tack. It seems that my schedule did not allow me to post a follow-up to the slight hypothermia scare. I have since that time become a regular user of toe warmers. They are available at your local Dick's for $1.99. (Note: Dick's is not a sponsor and this is not a paid product plug.) However, it is my civic duty to mention that this product is working well for me and encourage those in similar "extreme climate" situations to have some handy.

Anywho--the topic of my humor today is the 2008 Primary. Now, I will be the first to admit that I have not invested the time into following every move and jab thrown in the Democratic Primary. However, I like to use a unique mix of media avenues to receive information in a way that is convenient for me and doesn't come across too forced...if you know what I mean. I have listed my top 3 media avenues below.

1. Frank Ski's bootleg of the Oprah & Obama celebration at her estate in California-I happened to hear highlights of the speeches made at this affair while picking up breakfast one morning after my workout. I appreciated Frank's quick thinking and craftiness to bring this event to the ATL masses. Prior to hearing these recordings, I was a little out-of-touch with what Obama was up to, but that speech snipet raised an eyebrow. The Obama camp should praise Frank Ski for his courageous acts...

2. Viacom Veejays-DJ Cipha Sounds (correct me if that isn't his name), Rocsi/Terrence and that chic that is on the VH-1 countdown show (on the weekends)....they can always give me a few good voting blurbs..now Rocsi and Terrence probably can't say what they really feel, but I will say that Sucker Free & VH-1 chic don't hold no punches about their political platforms. I appreciate that b/c I feel that certain video choices on their rotations I can identify with, approve of and generally enjoy watching...so I give their voices some credence...and what they are saying is not half bad...

3. My Mama-I love my mama because I think this Primary Season (both Democratic and Republican) has morphed into her quivalent of the NCAA Final Four. She calls me with all of the debate highlights (from tv and from the kitchen table at my grandparents house), article quotes and family members' attempts to sway other family members to support their candidate. My mama, most importantly, tells it in a way that it seems like you are hearing some hometown gossip. It helps that several of the candidates decided to make my hometown and places nearby a stop on their campaign trails. Yesterday my granddaddy saw John Edwards who was on his second visit to Seneca. I think the day before he listened to some Thompson guy speak. Today, he braved the cold with my mama and cheered Obama on at the Clemson University Amphitheater. To keep in the primary spirit, my mama has been collecting candidate signs....I am still trying to figure out if she's giving them to the family members that support those candidates to taunt them (if they are not for her candidate) or as an olive branch to say "hey, your voting for the other person, but I want to help you support your candidate."

So my media outlets have provided me with all of the coverage that I needed to make an informed choice this primary season...In case any candidates catch this post before they get sat down in the polls, it is important to realize that my time is limited. Keep the facts short. Keep the delivery engaging and don't waste my time talking crazy about the competition. I barely have time to listen to you so don't waste your window of opportunity on side business..

No comments: