Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Friday, February 20, 2009

Dance Dance Revolution!

For the last few weeks, I have been receiving a great deal of flack because I have not made an appearance during the Wednesday night training session. This training session was presented as an auxiliary option for those who want some extra cardio, footwork and hip work.

Don't get me wrong. I am all about extra credit when it comes to my training. However, this was a hip hop dance class. It was a bit concerning to me because there is a great deal of uncertainty when you put my trainer in a dance studio with 60 minutes of music. Are you breakin'? Are you doing backhand springs? It is a toss up with this guy.

The standoff reached a head last week. While I was in the pool preparing for the start of the water training, one of the athletes asked me if I was coming to the class. Everyone came towards me to hear my answer, and it wasn't the answer that they wanted to get. I had other plans. Immediately, I was falsely accused of providing lame excuses.

This Wednesday arrived, and I was determined to prove everyone wrong. I showed up to class. It was packed, and people were shocked to see me there.

The music began blasting out of the speakers. My trainer took his place at the front of the room, and we became those "video background dancers." It was hilarious when I was off beat. It was a hard work out, and as usual my trainer was dramatic. He stopped the third set to clear the mirrors when the fog prevented him from seeing himself.

If you find yourself in the A, swing by The Complex on Northside Drive on Wednesdays at 6:00. You may catch me get some extra hip work in to DJ Khaled's Go Hard...

For your entertainment, I came across a hip hop aerobics video that may spur you to action and give you some new vocabulary.....Enjoy!

No comments: