Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Y Did U Do This Arms?


My legs and calves have created a legacy for themselves. What can I say? I am a Sagittarius, and I love to work on my lower body.

However, I recognize my upper body needs to fall in line. Your arms and shoulders help to drive your legs, and in my line of duty, leg driving is a must.

Therefore, push-ups, curls and all that other technical upper body training has been a staple in my workout routine. So how have the results fared? It seems like it depends on the day and the drill.

Today, I found myself in the middle of my last set of pull-ups thinking "Y did u do this arms?" My chin went from above the bar during reps 1-5, to the bar from reps 6-13 and below the bar from reps 14-20.

It was not a pleasing sight to behold and definitely not a pleasing experience for me.

I want to dedicate this post to those who are trying to have some semblance of upper body strength. It's not easy, but one day our arms are going to come through for us...

No comments: