Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Monday, March 2, 2009

Miscellaneous Musings from Miss Martin


I was told recently that there are two ways to participate in the Lent Season. First, you can make a sacrifice and donate the money at the end of the 40 days. Or, you can make a change. At the encouragement of a fellow lent participant, I am doing both. No sweet treats for the season and a dedication to meditation three days per week.

My Lent buddy feels that my mind never stops working. I have been challenged to pursue a mental white space at all costs.

In this entry, I am going to attempt to work towards my journey towards white space this evening by sharing some miscellaneous musings that I had today. Not only will I clear out some random mental chatter, but you will get a glimpse into my internal world. You may love it or hate it. However, you need not worry because you don’t hear it all the time—I do! So who is the lucky one?

1. 10:17 a.m. (at training): Something doesn’t smell quite right. Is it who I think it is? I hope people don’t walk by and think it’s me. Even so, people will find out the truth. I wonder if something is going on. This guy usually has his scent together. Maybe he forgot to put on deodorant. This happens to the best of us.
2. 11:45 a.m. (at Wal-Mart): I don’t care if people are wondering my clothes don’t match. I just finished working out. I hope no one gets to close to me. I just finished working out. I hope they have a cheap pair of high quality scissors in here. I can’t believe somebody got me for my favorite pair of scissors. I can’t believe I misplaced them. Well, I have to just let them go. Change is good, but it needs to be at the right price. $5.00! This is Walmart. Who needs a magnetic scissor cover? Craft scissors are $6.98! Well, I am not paying that. I really feel like I can get a better deal at Office Depot. I really don’t like running around in these wet clothes.
3. 12:45 a.m. (at home): I guess I should stop skipping up the sidewalk to my building people might be watching. Whatever. Everybody should be happy. Maybe they will land a pair of 50 cent, high quality scissors from Office Depot. My hunch was right. I really am glad that I went to see Slumdog Millionaire yesterday. I feel just like Jamal right now. Life is really like The Alchemist. Time to trim my flowers.
4. 3:00 p.m. (on location): Who thinks to ask someone if these flowers are artificial? I wonder if everyone else thought they were fake? Anyway, I think that is a compliment. I can pick flowers so good that people can’t tell if they are real or not. I wonder if that guy feels silly, like he doesn’t know everything about flowers because he’s never seen flowers that look artificial but they were really real. I wish he would’ve taken them off of my hands. I could’ve just re-rearranged them and pulled out the one sunset that had wilted. I really liked this arrangement. It was really wild looking. I am running behind schedule. I should’ve been finished by 3:00 p.m.
5. 3:57 p.m. (new location): What if he did come from LA to do the project? People would definitely be wondering where I got him from. Everything is going to work out great. I am glad Porter had to go. I have to conserve my daytime minutes. It’s a little cold in here. I have to put on my scarf. I am running low on blog topics today. I need to remind my cousin to send the pic of the banana pudding cake. I can write about that.

No comments: