Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

City of Atlanta: Why You Wanna Act Like That?


Change is inevitable, and I try to embrace change in every aspect of my life. However, one must be respectful of how change will affect others. Sometimes I am led to believe that the City of Atlanta is not cognizant of this small, yet important detail.

On Friday evening, I had a small “color enhancement” scheduled with my in-house colorist. Now some work crews were using a jackhammer or other large construction tool a few feet up the street from my residence. The noise could prove to be irritating for some, but I guess they figured that everyone would be up late on this Friday night.

I have learned to adjust to things like that because as I mentioned that I try to embrace change. Unfortunately, I had to learn to embrace another change as well. When it was time to wash out the hair treatment, the water was not operating. Imagine the look of pure shock on my face and the scramble by my colorist that ensued. She had to use the last bit of water in her 16 oz bottle plus the half gallon of my drinking water to “pre-rinse” the treatment out. Then, she had to make a quick run (dodging all of the city trucks) up to CVS to buy more gallons to rinse the remainder of my hair.

Fortunately for me, it was only “color enhancement.” Imagine if that was someone’s relaxer!

Attention City of Atlanta: As you continue your myriad of helpful projects all across the city, please be respectful of your residents and notify them of any consequences that may occur. Life, Limb and Hair could be at stake!

No comments: