Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Best Laid Plans Can Go Awry


From a very young age, I would make lists. I would make a list of the rollercoasters I would ride during an upcoming family trip to Six Flags. I would make a list of food I would carry in anticipation of a school field trip. I would make a list of schools that I would write for applications. All of these lists would lead to more paper, in the form of letters, and then on to more paper in the form of return correspondence from various institutions, individuals, etc. (Honestly, by age 9 or 10, I had one of those expandable fileholders!)

As I got older, these lists evolved into computer documents chock full of action plans. These action plans would name individuals that I would need to contact and finances that I would need to acquire.

When I began planning for my journey to Rio, I followed my usual protocol. Lists, action plans, letters, follow-up calls and financial projections. However, as many of you can attest, sometimes there are unanticipated situations that arise that you just don't foresee.

My experience in Rio, thus far, has been amazing; and I know that it will continue unfold for me in a miraculous way. However, there have currently been glitches here and there with meeting some of my "basic" day-to-day needs. As I continue to rectify these matters, I find myself in a financial situation that is not one that I ever would have anticipated.

As a result, I am relinquishing my pride and asking those that have the ability to do so, to please sow a seed into my dream. You can submit your donations through the Paypal button at the left of this blog.

Thanks for taking the time to read my entries. I know this is going to be a wonderful story that we all reflect on in amazement at the fabulous outcome!

Tchau!

No comments: