Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Everything Has Led Up to This!


I am writing this entry as a reminder to myself. Sometimes when a “precarious” situation arises, it is easy to put more focus on the “irrelevant” details of a situation instead of the more important aspects of it. Therefore, this entry is so that I can maintain a correct perspective on everything that is occurring here in Rio.

After my last entry on Sunday evening, all of my available wireless connections simply disappeared. I will say that it was pretty strange to say the least because this has not ever happened in this particular location. Obviously, I am supposed to be doing other things with my time…

Prior to this happening, I contacted (via email) all (but 1) of my Brasilian referrals (from my American friends) to let people know that I am looking to rent a room. The upgrade that I so wistfully alluded to in one of my previous entries is something that I must pursue at this point. (In case you want to know, the image from that entry is a picture of guest suite at the JW Marriott in Rio. You may want to look into it if you plan on making a trip here.)

On Monday, I decided to keep operating in a business-as-usual mode of maintaining the typical routine of beach, juggling, etc. However, I felt that I needed to stand in the ocean just a little bit longer. I let the waves come and go around me for at least 45 minutes as I thought about a few conversations I had recently had with friends and how these conversations could be of use to me in making the best decisions now.

A week or two ago, I was talking about how I had decided to maneuver through a situation after my first week here. I said that I wished I would’ve known certain things ahead of time. My friend responded that the situation would better prepare me for my next trip, and she proceeded to remind me how my training in Boca Raton provided me with an ability to be so adequately prepared to be in Rio. Ironically, I received similar words from a different friend during my last conversation on Sunday.

With this being said, I understand that I have been presented with an opportunity to utilize some of the tools in my arsenal that I may have overlooked. Using these tools and relying on all of the experience that I acquired, in other cities that I have lived, will allow me to breeze pass any small hiccups that I encounter here in Rio. Everything has led up to this moment!

I have been in Rio almost 45 days. In this time period, I have been able to successfully do the following:

Attend all of my trainings and give 110%.
Learn how to take the bus to all of my trainings.
Rely on my intuition as to who to approach for assistance.
Effectively communicate in Portuguese to acquire the things that I need.
Utilize my memory to figure out locations in relation to landmarks that I know.

Imagine how this list is going to continue to grow as I live each moment (to its fullest) until my 120 days are complete. My playing level, language proficiency, intuition strength and firsthand witness of favor over my life will be off the charts!

Although I have provided you with a rare sneak peak into my self-motivational message for today, please do not think that this does not apply to you as well. All of your experiences have led up to this moment. Make today the day that you pull out your monkey wrenches, hammers and screwdrivers to begin recreating the situations that you want for yourself!

Tchau!

No comments: