Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Monday, March 17, 2008

Open Letter to Bill Gates & La Nina


Dear Esteemed Bill Gates:

I love your product offering. However, I have been battling a small issue that has mushroomed into a problem of seemingly seismic proportions. A few days ago I was hard at work on some small projects on a Toshiba laptop. Out of nowhere, my Internet Explorer started saying that it was experiencing an error and had to close. Next, the IP address disappeared. All of my IP configurations are unavailable, and your troubleshooter told me to uninstall and reinstall my adapter. After following your directions, the adapter would not reinstall. I am sad Mr. Gates. I communicate with many people with my laptop. I have numerous tasks to do, and I am having to type you this open letter, for a fee, at a local Internet cafe in Rio de Janeiro. Should I write Mr. Toshiba or Mr. Intel next?

Qiana (aka A Soccer Player who simply wants to communicate with the world..)

Dear La Nina:

I know that we have not been introduced formally. However, I have read a number articles about how you are affecting the weather all over the planet. If this is the case, I would like to ask that you please lessen your affects in the Rio de Janeiro area. I am currently in Rio playing soccer. Since my arrival, I have enjoyed the sun, basked the warmth of the temperature and had many long runs at Copacabana beach.

For the last few days, it has rained uncontrollably and I had to rummage in my suitcase to pull out all of the jackets, long shirts and one pair of jeans that I had in my bag. Moreover, I had to sleep in all of my clothes last night because it was cold. Please keep in mind La Nina, that I do not have the flu nor have I been bitten by a "sick" mosquito. Lastly, I have literally watched, over the course of 40 days, the water overtake the beach at Copacabana. The beach patrons are having to set up their umbrellas almost against the street, and I had to do most of my running, this morning, in the water. Although these conditions make for good surfboarding, I would like to ask if we can reach some sort of happy medium on these matters.

With love,

Qiana (aka A Soccer Player that has respect for the Earth)

No comments: