Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Monday, March 24, 2008

Feliz Pascoa!!! Jesus Cristo esta Otimo!


Happy Easter! Jesus Christ is Excellent! I know people are up early taking care of Easter dinner preparations, getting those outfits ready and rehearsing those parts for the Easter play. I love holidays because it manages to bring out the best outfits, food, singing and acting debuts that you may otherwise not have an opportunity to see in one day.

My morning started off with a protein shake, pear and a large bottle of water around 5:30 a.m. We have training at 7:30 a.m. so I have to make sure that I eat and be ready to catch the bus at 6:30 a.m. I don’t know if the bus schedules are different because of the holiday (although parts of the city have been on holiday since Thursday evening). After training, we are supposed to have sporting and cultural activities in honor of the holiday. I am curious as to what this will entail, but I am pretty sure it will be fun and include….Chocolate!

Later:

We had training as usual, but there were some twists. There was a score keeper for our technical drills. We took five penalty shots. We did a passing accuracy game. All of the points were tallied for Pascoa gifts. Now, I don’t have to tell you what the gifts were because you already know. Chocolate! J

After training, the cultural activities involved everyone dividing into teams of three persons to answer questions about your knowledge of foreign countries and the World Cup and Formula One. I did get an answer correct because I said Beijing is the capital of China! Formula One is a huge sport in Brazil so I was at a loss.. L

One thing I did notice was that more of the people (parents, trainers, and teammates) were making an effort to ask me how to say certain words in English. In response, I consistently conversed in Portuguese for almost the entire time. Now, my sentences were all in present tense and I know I may have missed a word here or there, but it was good enough that people were able to understand.

Oh, by the way, I received one bom bom from our medical guy. He had a healthy Easter because, before training, my teammates and I watched him run, shirtless in some speedo shorts, around the track… Also, I received this chocolate creation from Pam’s sister & her boyfriend. I thanked them and ate it. It was from the store that I had bought her birthday chocolate from back in February…

Now, in the midst of all of this chocolate, I did make time to reflect on the true reason for the holiday. Without Him, I would not be able to have or report this experience to you. Thank you Jesus for paying the cost!

1 comment:

Nakiba Williams said...

He dropped the charges! Jesus dropped the charges! Although I was wrong! At Calvary I heard him say! Case dismissed. Case Dismissed. Saved by Graaaaaaaaaaccceeeee!!

There is a little Easter soul for you! We miss you here in the U.S.A.