Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Opportunity to Upgrade


I like spontaneity, to try new things, take risks, etc. However, I get a “little” beside myself when external circumstances alter my pre-set schedule. (Many of you can attest to that.) A little odd, don’t you think? Well, I have had to quickly learn during the course of my time here that a change in the routine is not the end all be all.

When I initially realized that I had to relocate to a new residence, I was little frazzled and a million questions ran through my mind. I had recently solidified a daily regimen of running at the beach, breakfast, vitamins, push-ups, ball juggling and lunch before I headed off to my team training session. How was all of this going to be accomplished in a new place? I would have to find new restaurants to buy my meals from and create a new, daily routine.

Well, we all know the outcome. Leblon was swell and my hosts were absolutely phenomenal. I rarely had to think about restaurants because scrumptious meals were prepared for me, clothes laundered at the drop of a hat, and the beach (although a little farther away) was more gorgeous and provided me with an opportunity to see the pro-volleyball players train.

So as I prepare myself to return to Copacabana, I don’t feel sad or worried that I am leaving the best, temporary residence-on-earth behind. I know that my relocation holds an inevitable upgrade for me. What exactly are the specifications for this upgrade? I am not sure, but I am open to it and grateful for it. Moreover, you can rest assured that I will be blogging to you about it.

No comments: