Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Monday, December 1, 2008

Be An Entertainer: It May Just Save Your Life


In the midst of feverishly working, I happened to see quite a bit of Britney Spears' new documentary. I enjoyed it because it gave me the opportunity to hear some new songs, one of which is called "Circus."

The first line of the song happened to catch my attention because it goes something like,"there are two types of people in the world-those who entertain and ones that observe." I believe that there is a lot of truth to this first line, and then I realized that, in fact entertainers are considered to be by default of celebrity, public recognition etc. to be leaders.

There is a whole area of media dedicated to keeping up with what these individuals are doing, eating, wearing and buying. As a result, entertainers have the power to influence the rest of the world (i.e. observers).

Sometimes there is a misconception about entertainers (i.e. celebrities). Some people think that they are different than you and I. However, the difference between their elevated status and ours may simply reside in their continuous action to do a little extra, take a stand on an issue or be persistent.

These are three actions that each of us is capable of, and I am soliciting you for your call to action. Today is World Aids Day, and I want you to be an entertainer. Take the extra effort to get tested, take a stand to always practice safe sex and persist in letting people know the importance of doing their part. It may just save your life!

No comments: