Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Friday, December 12, 2008

Facebook: No Stone is Left Unturned


Good Afternoon ladies, gents, rappers, athletes and beyond-

I recently joined a slew of social networks. I do want to connect with the world. However, I have come to a shocking conclusion. There are so many ways for people to find you if you have a public page.

For example, the long lost high school classmate can happen upon you because you are on your bff's page; or, after feeling pressured into accepting an 6 degree associate's friend request, they now know all of your profile musings and throwback comments from friends recollecting a time when you decided to Get Low at the party....or, one can begin to learn how "multi-faceted some 6 degree associates' interests are--a little uncomfortable and personal if I should say so myself...

Nonetheless-this is what I have signed up for--questions about my personal business from people who otherwise couldn't corner me in a room to get it...And my fellow Facebook fans, you have signed up for it too--unless you know some secret way to keep those newsfeeds private on a public profile (and if this is the case--get at me)

No comments: