Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Missed That Memo

For the last couple of weeks, the weather has been acting pretty strange. We have had lots of rain. It starts getting dark around 6:00 p.m., and I have had to pull out my jacket a time or two. Moreover when I was walking down the street yesterday, I saw a little girl wearing velvet!

I came home and asked my host to confirm my suspicions. Is summer over? He laughed and said it was over quite some time ago. We are in fall. This is news to my ears, and it makes me a little sad. Although I have officially been in Rio for three months, I do not feel as if I had my full summer in Rio experience!

Well, this calls for some action. From this day forth:
1. I will have to make sure to be cognizant of the weather forecast and take full advantage of every sunny day.
2. I vow to have my bikini on hand so that I can jump into the ocean at a moment’s notice.
3. I will comb the sales racks for summer clothes. I may make it to the U.S. just in time to have another summer!!! (I am smiling at the thought of feeling the humidity of Atlanta, and seeing the South Beach strip in Miami.)

No comments: