Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Thursday, May 8, 2008

My First Time: May 8, 2008


Date: May 8, 2008

Time: around 10:30 a.m.

Location: Posto 11, Leblon Beach

I wonder how many people remember their first time. If you ask Puffy or Serena or Ronaldinho, would they be able to give you an answer?

I am not sure so, to give myself an off-site memory backup, I am giving myself an electronic reminder just in case this day happens to get buried underneath other, important first times.

I was in the middle of my training session with Paulinho. A gentleman on a bike yelled out to Paulinho, as so many people like to do. (Paulinho is a popular guy.) I noticed the guy seemed pretty average. However, he had an extra fabulous camera hanging around his neck. I did think it was slightly strange.

The guy yelled to Paulinho that he need stopped our drill too soon. Paulinho turns to me and says that the guy is a paparazzo. The photographer walks over to Paulinho and begins talking to him.

Eventually, the photographer, speaks to me and shows me a picture that he snapped of me during my workout. The guy hangs around for a few more drills, snaps some more shots and waves good-bye.

Well, it is official. I have had my first encounter with a paparazzo. He has taken my picture and he knows where to find me (at 10:30 a.m.). I hope one day he gets some good money for those images...

No comments: