Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Good Choice: Life Lined Up In My Favor


On Wednesday, we had another practice on an artificial court. It was a good practice with a scrimmage at the end. I decided to give a new pair of Adidas court shoes a test run and they managed to hold up against all of the slippery areas (for some strange reason there was sand everywhere) and holes in the surface covering. The shoes were extra comfortable too! (1 pt. for Adidas)

The next day was a day off so I participated in a time honored ritual in Leblon and Ipanema. I went with my hosts on an early morning walk at the beach. Nubia and I actually ran a good bit of it, and I had a good time. Lots of pro volleyball players were hard at work training and hundreds of people were walking, running and biking the path alongside the beach.

I tell you my grandmamma would be in heaven! She gets up every morning at 4:00 or 5:00 a.m. to prepare to go for her daily walk inside the gym in her town. So I definitely dedicated that my Ipanema walk to my grandmamma because she is a role model for fitness!

Would you believe when I came back to the apartment, I started to feel a little achy? It wasn´t from running either. I was beyond confused because it totally came out of no where. So I continued my day but started putting my "I am healthy" mantras into full effect. I ended up sleeping most of the afternoon away before Nubia and her husband took me to see this new shopping mall in their area.

The mall met my seal of approval. I have decided that as a whole, I enjoy the bookstores here better than the ones back home. The livrarias here are big, but still quaint with extra fabulous cafes and their book selections are so vast and unique. Borders and Barnes & Noble take notes. I am a bonafide bookstore squatter. I will spend all day in a bookstore reading so I have seen my fair share of bookstores.

Anywho, I came back home, and it seemed to be trying to go downhill for me. It hurt to be touched and I started feeling hot. Well, by 8:00 a.m. this morning, I think I had prayed and positively thought it all away. (1 pt for me, lots of pts. for Jesus)

I am ready for training today!

P.S. Pictures to appear soon!

No comments: