Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Sunday, February 10, 2008

I Can’t Turn All This Tan Off!



The sun has officially been shining on me for two days. I like the sun. It makes me happy. After practice today, I decided to brave the ½ block walk up the street to Copacabana beach. I wanted to do a test run on my new juggling location.

The beach was packed, and it was at least a gazillion people out there. Everyone had on bikinis and everyone over the age of 14 ½ had a tattoo. I figured that since I was at the beach by myself, I would not have the liberty of testing the water. I didn’t want my bag or towel to grow legs and run off. I guess the ocean had other plans because the waves kept pushing up the beach to the point that it unexpectedly drenched a large number of beachgoers sitting on towels in the sand (me included). As a result, everything that I brought with me (Portuguese book included) was waterlogged. I didn’t get upset. I just continued watching people having a good time in the water.

So to get some of the sand out of my towel, I put on my backpack and stood in the water to rinse the towel when the tide came to shore. The water felt like winter. End of story. The water was cold to the point that my feet were tingling. Now, this was an unexpected surprise, but as my stay progressed, I realized that freezing cold water is beneficial to Copacabana beach patrons. I was juggling my size one ball, and the sun was blazing. After my designated reps, I just walked right to the water and after a few tides, all my sweat totally vanished. It was gone without having to submerge myself in the water. How convenient!

Two 1sts Today:

Went to Copacabana beach.
Conducted a retail transaction by myself.

Well, I will say that, when I came home from the beach, I saw that I have a tan that just won’t stop; and I don’t know what in the world I am going to do about this. I still have around 115 days left of training and general beach bum existence! I applied sunscreen several times at the beach today so I don’t know what to tell you.

Also, I received a bracelet from Pam’s friend Alberta who celebrated Carnaval in Bahia. As they tied the bracelet three times, I had to take a wish for each tie. If you get a chance to see me when I come back to Atlanta, perhaps it will still be in one piece and still on my wrist. I can’t tell you my wishes so don’t ask.

I will leave you this evening with a picture of Copacabana beach. I did not take this picture. However, instead of seeing the glass as half empty, imagine the glass being half full. Enjoy the tall mountains in the background, imagine the coolness of the water and embrace whoever you see in this picture…….because it’s not me!

Tchau!




P.S. Please note that I am usually tired when writing these blogs. Charge all errors in grammar and syntax to my weary mind...If my error is grievous in nature, please let me know. Thanks!

No comments: