Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Monday, February 25, 2008

I Only Aim to Use My Powers For Good

I want to start this entry off by writing this universal public apology to all the individuals (past, present and future) who have been on the receiving end of any physical pain or distress as a result of training with me. Desculpe (Sorry)

On yesterday, we were doing a change-of-direction drill that ended with taking a shot on goal. (Please keep in mind that for hours I worked on low, power shooting with Professor Calderon and the guys at Energy Fitness in Atlanta.) It so happened that we had a guy in the goal yesterday. When he tried to block my low shot, there was a loud pop and he hit the ground. I told him desculpe but I was more embarrassed because he laid on the ground for a few minutes and some of the younger girls were laughing.

Then, I have noticed that on several occasions when people challenge me for the ball they get slightly upset because I, for lack of a better word, strong arm the ball away (legally). Once again, I have had the good fortune to have had good (sometimes painful) lessons on how to be more aggressive (without fouling) in maintaining and obtaining control of the ball (thanks Chin/EF).

In sum, I want to say that I only aim to use my powers for good as I continue to add more technical proficiencies to my game. Also, I would like to say thank you again to all of my current Atlanta trainers (Chin, Chris, Professor Calderon, John, Jay, KB) who worked with me tirelessly to make me a force that continually amazes and fascinates the training staff here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bravo cuz your writing is distinctive and powerful. I feel like I'm with you in Brazil! Glad you posted again, but you must find a way to post pics of the scenes and people your refering to...and of course a little shot of Tommy!

eddymon said...

I agree