Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Gringos Eat Their Ice Cream Like This....


Sorvette, otherwise known to us as ice cream, is pretty popular in Brazil to say the least. Everyday you can see hundreds of people walking down the street eating ice cream cones, sundaes, ice cream bars, etc. Some of the popular fast food restaurants have special walk-up sections of their locations for patrons to quickly order ice cream.

I have had ice cream twice since I’ve been here, and I noticed yesterday that I definitely give myself away as a gringa (foreigner). When you receive your cone of ice cream, they give you a miniature shovel-like spoon to eat the scoop with. For me, I like to lick my cones. I guess that explained why people looked at me strangely when I was eating it. I didn’t really care because it was hot, the ice cream was great and I don’t think I would enjoy eating ice cream the same if I had to use the little shovel.

No comments: