Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mosquitos: We Can Work Together

I just want to post an entry to open the dialogue between me and the mosquitos that will cross my path while I am staying in Brasil. I understand that there is a natural, cycle-of-life or circle-of-life. (I tend to forget which phrase is from the movie the Lion King and which is the more scientific phrase..)

With that being said, I understand that you desire to bite me. I will let you. I promise. Usually, when you catch me, I am busy training, running or just generally living my life. Therefore, I don´t have time to kill you. However, I would implore those of you that are carriers of not-so-great illnesses to please go elsewhere.

It has recently come to me and the attention of my hosts that I do not have the flu symptoms. One very special mosquito wanted to really leave a lasting impression on me and has made me slightly ill. Now, before everyone gets in an uproar screaming West Nile, I would politely suggest that you do not utter or think such.

Nubia gave me a pill that handled the fever quickly, eradicated the body aches and in the next day or so my energy levels should be back to full speed where I don´t feel so drained during training. Most importantly, I am drinking lots of fluids.