Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ipanema: The Songs Are True




After a fabulous rest in my new air-conditioned room, I woke up to go with the couple to a store that they are opening in March. It is located on a busy street in Ipanema. Originally, the husband had used the space for an upscale, French cafe and chocolate store. The chocolatier that he used was trained in Belgium and it was noted by all of the patrons, that the chocolate was the best around. However, it was not profitable so he had to close it.

Consequently, the have decided to open a women´s clothing boutique to sell fabulous jeans, bikinis and such. Hands down, this is the nicest store that I have seen in Rio. Their tastes are very detailed and particular. Keep them in your prayers that the store will be exponentially successful. The husband noted today that I must be good luck because the mannequins actually showed up on time this morning! I aim to be as much of a good luck charm to them as they have been to me with these lovely accommodations!

When we parked the car this morning, Nubia and her husband directed me to look at the end of the street because it was an entry point into a favella (project). There are no roads for cars. It looks like a maze of trails that the residents climb up the mountains...I don´t know but I was about 50 feet away and that is going to be the closest I get to going to a favella (to my knowledge).

After they finished surveying the mannequins, I walked with Nubia and her husband to the open market that is held twice each week in Ipanema. It was a huge farmers market, and they sell fresh fish too. There were so many fruits and vegetables that I had not ever seen before. I have include some pictures of all of the activity from the open market.

Please note, I did eat the fish and vegetables from here today, and they were absolutely delicious! I would like to thank Nubia and her husband for such a wonderfully made lunch today!

No comments: