Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Sunday, February 24, 2008

New Views, New Area, New Residence


I was recently notified that I would have to vacate the apartment that I am staying in for one week. There was construction to be done so new accommodations would be secured for me. I decided to bide my time by watching The Secret on my laptop in the lobby of the apartment building since the smell from all of the construction was overwhelming. By the time my battery died, I was sent by taxi to stay with another teammate and her husband in Leblon, another area of Rio not too far away from Copacabana.

As the taxi wound through the busy streets, I began to see a welcome change. It was an area likened to Midtown Atlanta or West Hollywood so I became excited. Were accommodations similar to those back home on the horizon???

Indeed, my thoughts were correct! I was bubbling over with silent excitement that for a few days I would be living more comfortably with Nubia and her husband, a Frenchman.

Leblon can best be described as an area that has some qualities of a Beverly Hills (LA) or Buckhead (ATL). I actually saw my first gated community of homes! It is a Jewish community and the homes cost around $1 million each, which is pretty expensive here.

My teammate and her husband have a lovely apartment that has a washer, dryer and air conditioning. It is uniquely decorated with pictures of Parisian and Brasilian art.

Also, there is one more detail that I must mention. His name is Bobby and he is a cute, little dog. Bobby is house trained. Thank Goodness! Also, it appears that Bobby has taken a liking to me. I like him also. However, he is infatuated with my blue Old Navy flip flops and the blue shoelaces in my sneakers. If this is all that I have to deal with, then I am fine with this. I have included an image of Bobby and the new view outside of my window.

P.S. Picture coming soon!

No comments: