Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Thought You Were In It for the Long Haul...


Everybody, including myself, has heard or used the phrase some people, things, etc. are with you for a reason, season or lifetime. It’s good in theory, but when this is applied, it can hurt you pretty deeply if you are on the receiving end.

Naturally, I expected everyone and everything to be supportive of my journey to Brazil. Well, it just didn’t happen. I have a lovely, Dianne Von Furstenburg bag. It is black with pink trim and has been my steady travel companion for almost one year now. Well, when I arrived in Rio de Janeiro, it decided to appear with a broken strap! I couldn’t believe my eyes! Typically, I would have been highly upset. However, I had just met my coach etc. and I thought to myself that I would have to just make do and not let this sidetrack my joy of making it to Rio safely and soundly.

On Monday of this week, I decided to bring out my ever-so-glamorous Calvin Klein swimsuit. Many of you have seen and heard it this bikini because I got it at Filene’s Basement for the low, low price of $3.81. Yes, this is not a typo. I got it for under $4.00! It was black and hot! I put it on so I can go to the beach to juggle my ball. Lo and behold, I notice that there is a hole right on the left side panel of the bikini bottom. Talk about disappointed…I was crushed and it is so irreplaceable (in my heart)…

But, whatever, these things just didn’t want to enjoy all the gloriousness (if that is a word) of Brazil and I have no choice, at this point, but to respect it and know that even more fabulous bikinis and luggage bags are on the horizon for me (at bargain basement prices)!

1 comment:

Nakiba Williams said...

I hope Diane V and Calvin read this so you can get some form of reimbursement. I don't care if it was on sale. This is about branding and reliability.

Hey! QiQi! I am so proud of you!!!