Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Le Tigre Is That You?



GENTLEMEN ADVISORY: This entry may or may not be for you. Choose wisely!

Don’t worry only a handful of people actually know what Le Tigre is when I say it. Basically, there is a large Calvin Klein advertisement in the Macy’s men’s underwear section of a model who is staring directly into the camera. He is wearing only some fitted boxer briefs (I think that’s what you call them) and his hand is on the waistband right where you can partially see a tattoo of a tiger…

Yes! Le Tigre it is! So I know you have been wondering if the local fare is pleasant to the eye. I have been in Rio approximately 1 1/2 weeks, and I will say that there has not been a day where I have not seen any eyecandy! I must applaud those young men who have crossed my path.

On Sunday, my host and I, along with some other girls from our team, had received a lift back to Copacabana. Traffic was at a standstill so we got out and begin walking towards the apartment. Well, I was hot, tired and hungry. All of a sudden this man appeared, and he was walking towards us. He was about 6’3 or 6’4. He had the build of a svelte Terrell Owens (neck down), and he had the chiseled features of Tyson Beckford. Most importantly, he had on the Le Tigre outfit! Jesus Cristo! I was shocked. I know the beach is only so far, however this man felt safe strolling the busy streets of Rio like this?!!?

The girls from the team did make catcalls! I pretended that it was just another day and another face/body combination…My weariness seemed to quickly leave me after that.

On a slightly similar but different note, the men here have the most fabulous feet in the world. I can’t explain it! Everyone has feet that looks like they are fresh out of the pedicure shop. I have to figure this out. When I was in Boca Raton during the summer, my Brazilian trainer, Fausto, had noticeably great feet and I was baffled how he was able to accomplish this being a footballer. Now, I see that Fausto is not an anomaly!

One person has suggested that it maybe everyone’s contact with the sand here. I am not sure. If anyone can shed some light on this matter, please comment quickly. I definitely would appreciate it if all other men would step their foot game up. The excuse of “I play sports” isn’t gonna cut it anymore…