Maximize Peak Performance

Eat Soccer! News Page

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tommy, You Have to Pay Attention!


Many of you do not know Tommy. He is a little dog that most recently began occupying the apartment that I have been staying at. It was my understanding that I would only have a brief weekend encounter with him. However, it seems that , for the meantime, he will be staying indefinitely.

Tommy is not house trained, and Tommy rarely gets to see the outside world. Also, important to note, Tommy does not know English. Therefore, our communication is at a standstill at this time.

I will admit. Tommy is a cute dog, but once again I had not prepared for him; and more than likely, he was not intending on meeting me. But, we have spent lots of time together in the apartment. He has a fascination with my laptop cord, and I have a fascination with how he feels so comfortable living his life in this ultra warm apartment all day. (Keep in mind that I am assuming this since our conversations have been minimal.)

Tommy, like many other dogs, likes to receive attention, and he likes to be in the midst of all of the action. When the girls are getting ready for the discotech (club), Tommy is running around surveying all of the outfits, make-up and music.

Today, I had only been home less than an hour from training, and I was playing on my computer. There were a few friends over to visit the sisters. From the sound of a phone conversation that was placed on speakerphone, I knew that there was a collective eavesdropping on a heated conversation. Although my Portuguese is not quite up-to-speed, I gathered who was on the other end of the speakerphone and knew that this situation was not going to be pretty.

Being that I have witnessed situations like this before, I decided to keep listening to the video on my laptop. Tommy, on the other hand, wanted to be front and center to all the action. I wish he would´ve followed my lead.

Not even five minutes passed before there was a knock at the door and one of the occupants went outside ot speak with the visitor (voice from the speakerphone). Tommy decides to go but doesn´t heed my look of "don´t do it," and proceeds to go out the door. Immediately, he is scooped up by the occupant and tossed back into the apartment. Tommy flew at least 2-3ft, landed hard and started crying.

Why did Tommy have to get an eyewitness view of a lovers´quarrel? He could´ve seen it all from where I was sitting.

I will admit, for about 15 minutes, I thought I was watching Keyshia Cole´s reality show, but eventually, the tears, yelling and stick waving finally ceased. Fortunately for me, my Youtube video didn´t skip a beat. As for Tommy, he seemed to bounce back pretty quickly. Let´s just hope next time, if there is a next time, he will be a little more discreet in obtaining his front row seat to this novella (soap opera).

P.S.. Pics are forthcoming..stay tuned

No comments: